Pages

We've Moved to StampingJulie.com!


We've moved to our new HOME at StampingJulie.com!
Come visit!
+
Join us on facebook for exclusive content!

Become A Stamping Julie Facebook Fan!


See you there!

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sketch Challenge 288

Here's my entry for the sketch challenge.  I bet you can't guess the colors in this!  They are Elegant Eggplant, Riding Hood Red, Daffodil Delight and a touch of Pumpkin Pie.  Did you guess right?  Probably not.  The Elegant Eggplant in the photo came out looking blue instead of the deep purple in the actual card.  Boo hoo...

My 15 year old son is an awesome guitarist.  I really will have to post some video sometime so you can see how incredible he is.  He loves it and will play for hours at a time.  We formed a family band (brother plays the drums and dad plays the bass guitar and sings and I play the keyboard) and have played at a couple of events this year.  That's what motivated me to get these stamp sets. 

The background behind the guitarist is salted!  I wet a piece of watercolor paper and brushed on the background colors with aqua painters and reinkers. Then I salted the paper to get the grainy effect before drying it with a heat gun.   Here's a close up:
I used the stamp sets Extreme Guitar and Extreme Elements.  Because the guitarist image was stamped on watercolor paper, which is a little rough, the solid image did not stamp solid so I went back over it with a my black SU! marker.  Another option would have been to stamp it on whisper white, cut it out and adhere it to the watercolor paper.

I was reminded of the salted background technique from Michelle Zindorf's post.  Thanks for the inspiration, Michelle!
This card measures 5 1/2 x 5 1/2. 

Enjoy!

Julie

No comments: