Pages

We've Moved to StampingJulie.com!


We've moved to our new HOME at StampingJulie.com!
Come visit!
+
Join us on facebook for exclusive content!

Become A Stamping Julie Facebook Fan!


See you there!

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Watercolor Rose

This beautiful rose is from Fifth Avenue Florals. I used the "reinker spread technique", but I wish I had watched this tutorial BEFORE I made this flower. It's a simple technique with fantastic results.

I used watercolor paper which in retrospect was probably not the best choice. Shimmering White cs would have been better. I stamped the rose in versamark and embossed with clear ep. Then I wet the paper with a large paint brush. Again a small spray bottle would have been a better choice. Then I used an aquapainter to touch the paper with reinkers and let the color spread on the wet paper.

Recipe:
All Stampin' Up! products
stamps: Fifth Avenue Florals, Fine Lace bg
paper: Lavendar Lace cs, Pink Pirouette (retiring 6/30/09), Whisper White cs, watercolor paper ink: Lavendar Lace, Pink Pirouette (retiring 6/30/09), Rose Red, versamark
accessories: Pink Pirouette ribbon (retiring 6/30/09), scallop punch, paper piercer, dimensionals

No comments: