Pages

We've Moved to StampingJulie.com!


We've moved to our new HOME at StampingJulie.com!
Come visit!
+
Join us on facebook for exclusive content!

Become A Stamping Julie Facebook Fan!


See you there!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Lovey Dovey Color Inspiration #55

This card is serving double duty. The colors are from Color Inspiration #55. And my only question is where can I find those CUTE shoes! Aren't those smart looking??? And the layout is from Verve's Challenge VSJUN05. These great colors remind me of a card I made with SU's Wanted stamp set, but I decided to do something a little different than what I normally would with this color selection.


The little Lovey Dovey heart has been sitting on my desk for some time and needed a home. It's stamped in black and embossed with Iridescent Ice ep, then punched with the SU heart punch. I originally stamped this on Vanilla cardstock but sponged it with More Mustard to match this card.

The Basic Gray pattern paper is from Urban Garden and the rest is stamped. I stamped the Baroque Motif swirl on the main image with More Mustard, then added the Really Rust flowers. I used the Motif swirl again on the More Mustard background paper with Vanilla craft ink. The Really Rust background cs is stamped with versamark. Here's a close up:

The scallop layer is sponged first with More Mustard, then Really Rust and finally Basic Gray. The scallop edge is paper pierced and then this piece was layered on Really Rust and Black cs, after which I wrapped it in the gray taffeta ribbon.


I added silver brads to the Basic gray pieces and finally adhered the heart to the front with dimensionals. I think my favorite part is the vanilla swirl on the mustard card stock. I just love that swirl.... The base of the card is Basic Black cs. Hint: When you have a dark card base, either use a white gel pen to add your note or adhere a matching light cs to the inside for writing your message.


Enjoy!

Julie


Baroque Motifs, #113490, $27.95





5 comments:

Savitri said...

This is so so pretty! Great use of colors and awesome design too!!

Winter said...

Pretty card and a great layout!

danielle said...

I love all your posts even though I don't comment on every one :) I love your new blog layout too. I can't wait to see you guys!!

Nancy said...

I have this set and loved what you with it. I actually can see myself making this one. I have the punch out heart, too. Such a beautiful wedding or anniversary card! Thanks for sharing, Julie!

Randee E said...

oooh! love it! You made those colors and stamp set work sooo well together.