Pages

We've Moved to StampingJulie.com!


We've moved to our new HOME at StampingJulie.com!
Come visit!
+
Join us on facebook for exclusive content!

Become A Stamping Julie Facebook Fan!


See you there!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

God's Beauty - Butterfly


Another challenge from Splitcoaststampers.com. I was working on another project when I stumbled upon the idea and inspiration for this card. Hope you like it!




As always, all the supplies I used are from Stampin' Up! The center piece is stamped with the images from God's Beauty. I used an aquapainter and reinkers to add color. Hint: I add a little extra water to my brush to get a good mix on my reinkers, then I test the color on a scrap of paper to test. Remember, you can always go darker but it's almost impossible to go lighter.


The flowers are Blush Blossom, Summer Sun and Cameo Coral. The leaves are Mellow Moss and Old Olive. And the butterfly is Brocade Blue and Summer Sun. I overlapped the blue and yellow on the butterfly wings so it graduates with mixed green in the middle. I hoped you could see it in this close up of the popped up butterfly, but it looks better in real life.


The main image was layered on Cameo Coral and then black cs. The Summer Sun panels are from the Pink Flamingo designer paper pack and layered on black cs. The center piece is also popped up with dimensionals. The base of the card is Blush Blossom layered on Black cs. The sentiment was stamped in the bottom right corner and the black gingham ribbon was added.


I was tempted to sponge the edges on this one but I'm very happy with the clean look.


Enjoy!


Julie










Pink Flamingo Designer Series Paper, $9.95, #113976

1 comment:

Tanja said...

This is so very beautiful! It made me gasp! :)