Pages

We've Moved to StampingJulie.com!


We've moved to our new HOME at StampingJulie.com!
Come visit!
+
Join us on facebook for exclusive content!

Become A Stamping Julie Facebook Fan!


See you there!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

PPA50 Color Challenge - Prayer

This beautiful stamp set has been waiting for me to ink it up for some time!  I decided this was going to be the set I would use for the next challenge - so here it is....the PPA color challenge was to use Basic Gray, So Saffron and Chocolate Chip, definitely an unusual color scheme and one that I would have never thought to use on my own.  That's the beauty of challenges, it makes you use think!

I worked hard to keep this relatively simple.  I was so tempted to add background stamping or texturing, but resisted and kept this layout 'clean'.  I used an x-acto knife to cut slits on either side of the tree trunk to thread the ribbon through.  And of course I had to use my favorite ribbon.  This could have easily ended up a masculine card with these colors, but adding a touch of white, the scallop tag & border, and the lovely ribbon girled it up. 

I really like the look of cutting the rectangle smaller than the stamped image and then cutting around the over hang.  There's probably an official name for this technique, but I don't remember what it is....anyone else know?  Doesn't it just make the tree stand out?  So fun!

Enjoy!

Julie

5 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love how your tree comes outside of the frame! Very pretty card - thanks for joining us at PPA!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful! I love how you snipped around the tree! Perfect use of the challenge colors. Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Margaret Moody said...

Your card is just beautiful, Julie! Love the cutting technique you used to highlight your tree! Great job with the color combo, too! Thanks for sharing!

Ann Schach said...

Congrats on being selected a Pals Paper Arts Pick of the week! You did a fabulous job with the challenge colors!

Mary Fish said...

Hi Julie: You rocked this color challenge. Love the paper snipping of the tree! Congrats on being a PPA favorite! Hugs, Mary