Pages

We've Moved to StampingJulie.com!


We've moved to our new HOME at StampingJulie.com!
Come visit!
+
Join us on facebook for exclusive content!

Become A Stamping Julie Facebook Fan!


See you there!

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Scrappin' Sunday #1


This is a page I made during my last scrapbooking fest with my sister in Feb. of this year. I didn't take the pages out of the covers to photograph them so they are a little hard to see, but if you click on the image you will be able to see a larger picture. And I haven't put it in a proper album yet either.

This is a pretty simple page. I used various stamp sets and the Big Shot Die Machine to make the tags. The main title "Scrapbooking Fest" is printed on the cards stock, then cut out and over stamped "2009" in large Groovy Guava numbers. The flowers are punched with the Stampin' Up! flower punches and layered. I used Wild Wasabi and Guava for this page, which are now retired.

But I know the first thing you asked yourself after reading the title of this post is "Why Sunday?" Because I intended to post this on Sunday and make scrapbooking my theme every Sunday, but it's now Tuesday and I wanted to share it NOW, so....there you have it! Of course, now you're thinking - "that's not a very good explanation" - and you would be right!Everyone has a different approach to scrapbooking. My sister and I get together usually at least once a year for a week or two just to scrapbook. We finish 75-100 pages during our scrapbooking fests. That is my "Scrapbooking Strategy."

The philosophy behind this is that it takes a special kind of creative energy to scrapbook, and it makes a special kind of mess, so we get it over with in one big BANG. And you can see we make quite a mess! (Would you like to see what is in that closet at the back of this picture? Here's a clue: it is not just a closet; it is a to-die-for work station and storage haven. I'll share pictures of it later if you would like to see them.) I'm on the right; my sister Kari is to your left.
This is me eating at my scrapbooking table. Literally, all we do is sleep, eat and MOSTLY scrapbook! We did go to a couple of movies and watch American Idol.
I made 76 pages that week!
Last month my daughter and I scrapbooked her 3-week trip to Europe in just 3 evenings - 70 pages! Now that's super-mega-power scrapbooking. I'll show some of that later and share the super-secret-strategic plan....
Enjoy,
Julie

2 comments:

Krystal said...

WOW! That looks like a lot of fun! Do share your secrets! Scrapbooking still intimidates me!

Nancy said...

Julie, I thoroughly enjoyed your scrapbook adventure stories! It is amazing how much you and Kari get done! And of course, the notebooks are a hit. They are practical and at the same time quite beautiful, too.