Pages

We've Moved to StampingJulie.com!


We've moved to our new HOME at StampingJulie.com!
Come visit!
+
Join us on facebook for exclusive content!

Become A Stamping Julie Facebook Fan!


See you there!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sunny Bird


My take on the color challenge this week (CC224) at splitcoaststampers.com. The challenge was to use Pacific Point, Summer Sun and Tangerine Tango. I would have never used this combination, but I really like the results.
The pattern paper is the new Razzleberry Lemonade that will be available to order July 1st. I stamped a second generation solid flower in Tangerine Tango. Hint: Second generation means that you have inked the stamp and stamped on scrap paper once before stamping on your project to make a lighter image. Then I stamped the line image in Tangerine Tango.
The oval was cut out with my coluzzle and sponged with Summer Sun. The edges were then sponged with Tangerine Tango. I punched the top of the oval with two holes and threaded the ribbon through the back and attached the oval to the pattern paper. The bird was stamped in Pacific Point, cut out and attached with dimensionals. Hint: I cut the thin edge pieces of my dimensionals to attach to each part of the bird for a secure mount. Don't let these edge pieces go to waste.
The pattern paper was layered on Whisper White cardstock that was trimmed with zigzag scissors before mounting it to the Summer Sun cardstock base. The lovely pacific point corduroy buttons (#114341) added just the right touch on the bottom left. And they are on sale 50% off until the end of the month for only $4.95 while supplies last.
Enjoy!
Julie

No comments: