Pages

We've Moved to StampingJulie.com!


We've moved to our new HOME at StampingJulie.com!
Come visit!
+
Join us on facebook for exclusive content!

Become A Stamping Julie Facebook Fan!


See you there!

Monday, October 22, 2007

Wrapping Paper Inspiration



This birthday card for my mother was inspired by the wrapping paper on her gift and Beate's sketch challenge #24. My mother's gift was Stampin' Up! stamps and accessories, of course.

My mom is the one that started the stamping mania in our family nearly 20 years ago. We were at the Strawberry Festival in Plant City, Florida. There was a vendor demonstrating stamping and embossing, and my mom bought the whole embossing kit, which included an embossing ink stamp pad and several colors of embossing powders. (I probably shouldn't admit this, but I recently found some of those original embossing powders in the back of my cabinet!! Yikes! Twenty year old embossing powder. You will be happy to know that I tossed them out.)

This was in the day when we heated our embossing powder by holding the back of the paper on a hot iron. We used toothpicks to press it against the iron. My oldest daughter was a toddler and I can remember my mom, my sister and I stamping while constantly warning our small children to stay away from the iron. Those are the good old days, huh? Does anyone else remember heat embossing with an iron, or am I the only dinosaur here?

RECIPE: All Stampin' Up! supplies unless otherwise noted.
Gold Butterfly:
Stamps – Priceless, Fancy Flexible Phrases
Paper – Pumpkin Pie cs, shimmery white cs, Metallic Gold cs, Rose Red cs
Ink – Versamark, Gold, Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories - Gold eyelets, Iridescent Ice ep, Gold ep, wide white organdy ribbon, gold cording, tab punch, scallop punch, Designer Label punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, ticket corner punch, cropadile

2 comments:

Andrea, said...

Great card, I love the glittery background

Anonymous said...

Great card. It looks so elegant!
Hugs and smiles