Pages

We've Moved to StampingJulie.com!


We've moved to our new HOME at StampingJulie.com!
Come visit!
+
Join us on facebook for exclusive content!

Become A Stamping Julie Facebook Fan!


See you there!

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

More Bugs - As Promised

Whew! We just got back from a whirlwind trip to Europe. The best part was that most of it was free! My dh, Ron, won a promotional trip from work to Barcelona, Spain. We were there for 4 days. What a beautiful city! I'll have to share some pictures when I get them. All the pictures ended up on Ron's computer because I didn't want to lug my computer around Europe, but he doesn't go anywhere without his. It's part of the work.




Anyway, from Barcelona we flew to Geneva and met my brother who is working there. We spent a half day in Geneva and the next morning we hopped on a train to Paris. We toured Paris for a couple of days and then flew home. Very fun! We saw so many amazing things and thoroughly enjoyed the people, the food, and the sights.



As promised, here are some more Bugs & Kisses cards. The card I showed you on Oct. 5th was inspired by a card 'vitality' posted at splitcoaststampers.com. This first one here was inspired by 'kellyjg' at scs. The second one is a blend of a card '11Valerie11' posted at scs and a cute scrapbook page in a Stampin' Up! magazine. Anyway, that is where the inspiration started.
I loved the bright colors and crisp design of this card. I used a cuttlebug embossing folder for the white background. I almost exclusively use Stampin' Up! products but recently I got a steal of a deal on a Sissix machine. My favorite things is the embossing folders. It is so quick and easy to make fun backgrounds. And yes, I know the ribbons are skilly-wonk on this card; it's on purpose. Actually, it didn't start out that way, but I thought it added some skilly-wonk charm so I kept it.

RECIPE: All Stampin' Up! supplies unless otherwise noted.
Hello bugs:
Stamps – Bugs and Kisses
Paper – Real Red cs, Basic Black cs, Whisper White cs, Yo-yo Yellow cs
Ink – Basic Black craft, Real Red craft
Accessories - clear ep, Prima flower, brads, ribbon, Cuttlebug embossing folder, black pen


The second one was hard to photograph. The card is cut a 1/4" smaller than a standard card and then that was mounted on black cs to frame it. Also, in the picture you can't see that the little flowers are popped up on dimensionals or the shimmery in the shimmer white cardstock. Those little flowers are just darling popped up on there and I have become a huge fan of the Shimmery White cardstock. And the faux stitching is stamped with the All in a Row stamp.

RECIPE: All Stampin' Up! supplies unless otherwise noted.
Cute Turquoise Bug:
Stamps – Bugs & Kisses, Paisley bg, All in a Row, Expressive Everyday Phrases, Three for You
Paper – Sky Blue cs, Basic Black cs, Purely Pomegranate cs, Tempting Turquoise cs, Summer Sun cs, Groovy Guava, Shimmery White cs
Ink – Purely Pomegranate, Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise, Summer Sun, Groovy Guava
Accessories -ribbon, Bold Bright brads, dimensionals, Stampin-ma-jig, ticket corner punch, oval punch, Three for You flower punch

No comments: