Pages

We've Moved to StampingJulie.com!


We've moved to our new HOME at StampingJulie.com!
Come visit!
+
Join us on facebook for exclusive content!

Become A Stamping Julie Facebook Fan!


See you there!

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Fresh and Fun Challenge


My daughter caught a typo in a previous post; I used the wrong 'right'. Of all words, isn't that funny? She thought it was weird that I did that, because as she put it, "You don't make mistakes like that." So even as an adult she still thinks I'm perfect...Isn't that nice? I still have her fooled.

I liked Beate's sketch so much at Fresh and Fun last week, that I used it twice. On this 'flower for you' card I trimmed the edge of the Sidekick Sayings main image similar to Chriss's card on Beate's blog. I love that look with this stamp set. I also used Beate's faux stitching with the All in a Row argyles stamp. I had to do it twice, because, like her, I'm too impatient to use the stamp-a-majig.
I stamped the main image with stazon ink and colored it with my ink pads and blender pens. I even colored over the words with a little sky blue to give it some life. The top corners are pierced, but you can't see it very well in the picture.

The second card also uses the Splitcoaststamper's color challenge CC131: Taken with Teal, Always Artichoke and Purely Pomegranate. Whew, that's a mouthful!

The artichoke base was wheeled with the rough texture wheel. I stamped the swirls with both creamy caramel and artichoke (second generation). I probably should have stamped them a little more off, because it just made it look blurry. The swirls were also stamped over in caramel with the Linen background. To make the teal centers I stamped with the smallest flower from the set and punched it out with the Three for You flower punch, then attached them with a brad. The top flower is cut out and adhered with a dimensional.

I'm trying to get better about adding the details, so here's the recipes.

RECIPES: All Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Flower for You: Stamps - Sidekick Sayings, Vases in Vogue, Polka Dots & Petals, All in a Row; Paper - Petals & Paisleys dp, Mellow Moss, Regal Rose, Whisper White, So Saffron; Ink - Stazon Black, Regal Rose, Sky Blue, Apricot Appeal; Accessories - rhinestone brads, blender pen, dimensionals, sponge, crafter's tool kit

Cherish: Stamps - Baroque Motifs, ,Linen bg, Rough Texture wheel, Priceless; Paper: Purely Pomegranate, Always Artichoke, Whisper White, Taken with Teal; Ink - Purely Pomegranate, Always Artichoke, Taken with Teal, Creamy Caramel, chocolate brown chalk petal; Accessories - brads, ribbon, Heidi Swapp distressing tool, (large brad from Joann's)



2 comments:

Lauren (mytime) said...

These are both so pretty.Oh the second one is just jaw dropping. Love the ribbon and embellishments.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Both cards turned out wonderful! Thanks so much for trying the sketch!!!